ShowBox is without a doubt the pioneer streaming app. Every user that ever looked for streaming free media content online has heard or downloaded this app. But, as it is an old app and so many updates have come to it, it’s normal that some errors appear. For example Showbox not working, server & video errors, not loading seasons, etc.
Showbox App not working can happen for different reasons as well as the failure can be different. For every case there’s a solution nevertheless, so worry not! This guide is right here to help you fix any error and keep enjoying all your favorite content on Showbox.
Most Common Cases of ShowBox Not Working With Solution
1. Video not available – Try another server
This error can be easily solved by using a VPN to change your location and therefore unlock the content (take into consideration that VPN can slow your data transfer a bit):
- Download one of these VPNs on your device: Opera VPN, VPN Master Key, Super VPN Free VPN Client, VPN One Click.
- Select the location where you want to be connected (EE.UU i.e).
- Wait until the VPN securely creates the connection.
- On your Android device settings, clear the app data cache “Showbox”.
- Restart and run the Showbox app and you’ll find out that it is now working fine!
2. Video Playback Error
If using an Android version that is not Android Lollipop there’s a simple option that could fix this error:
- Uninstall any Google Plus or Twitter updates by going to settings, apps or app manager, Google Plus or Twitter apps and then click on uninstall updates.
If you’re using Lollipop or above, then try this:
- Go to settings, then go to about phone and tap 7 times on “Build Version”. This will unlock developers’ options.
- Enable “UseAwesomePlayer” option.
- If it’s enabled, disable it.
- Reboot the device and run Showbox again.
3. Showbox no downloads
For this, you only have to clear the data cache. In case you don’t know how it is you need to follow these steps:
- On your Android device, go to settings.
- Then go to apps or application manager.
- Look for your ShowxBox or MegaBox app.
- Find the options “Clear data” and “Clear cache” and tap on them.
- If you use Marshmallow 6.0 version go to “storage” to find the options.
- Reboot the system and run the app.
4. My device presents incompatibilities with Showbox
For fixing this error, you can try using an older version of the app that will be comfortable with the specs of your device.
- Simply check your device specs and Android version and Google search for the right version of Showbox.
5. Common bugs
There are several other bugs that are a very common reason for not working Showbox app. For these simple problems, try this solution:
- Go to settings on your Android device.
- Now go to apps or apps manager.
- Go to the menu icon and tap on it.
- Click on reset all apps preferences. This way you’ll reset disabled apps, apps notifications, default apps for any task, background data restriction for apps and any permission restriction without losing any kind of data.
- Reboot your device.
Hope, you can solve ShowBox not working errors or problems from this complete tutorial. Are you facing any other than these errors? please do comment will provide a solution for it.