The FaceTime App is among the coolest apps you can use to video chat with your family members and friends. Apple developed this app specifically for its users. However, because of the increasing demand, FaceTime for Mac is also made available these days.
Steps To Download FaceTime for Mac OS
Since Apple created FaceTime as an exclusive app for Apple users alone, it is quite obvious that this app is already readily available on the Mac OS for all Mac users.
Facetime is built in and integrated into all Mac computers. The only thing you need is a good internet connection. Take note that aside from Mac, Facetime is also available in iPhone 4 and higher, iPad 2 and higher, iPod 4th generation and higher, and all models of iPad Mini.
Follow these steps for setting up FaceTime on Mac:
- Open Facetime on Mac computer.
- Enter your email address in Apple and its corresponding password. When you have the two-step authentication, the next thing to do is enter the verification code.
- If you would want to receive calls from a specific email address, make sure you uncheck the box found next to that address.
These are the steps to follow to make video calls with Facetime:
- Open Facetime on your Mac OS.
- Choose video call as the preferred call type you would like to place.
- Choose the email address or phone number of the contact you want to video call or enter the email address or name in search bar.
- Click on the camera icon for you to start your video call using Facetime App.
Features of FaceTime
- This provides built-in contacts functionality for you to know about the people in your contact list who are using Facetime.
- There is no need for you to use a special screen name as your Apple ID is already enough.
- Downloading Facetime on your Mac is completely free of charge.
- You can enjoy high definition quality video calls with your family and friends on bigger screen.
- This comes with an easy and simple user interface.
- You can set up a video conference for professional or personal use.
- The process of download and installation is very easy on all platforms on Mac.
- The mute option lets you mute audio even while the video is displayed.
- You can block Facetime calls if you are not in the mood.
You will be able to enjoy all these features and more of Facetime App on Mac when you have good 3G or 4G network or WiFi connection.
These are just the simple steps you have to follow for you to use and make video calls using FaceTime for Mac. Hopefully, you found these methods easy to follow and understand. This is now the perfect chance for you to make the most out of Facetime and stay connected with all your family and friends.
Recommended: Get FaceTime on your iOS gadgets from here and make free video & audio calls.