FaceTime for iPhone is Apple’s audio and video calling service. You can think of this as a phone which makes use of cellular data or WiFi connection instead of conventional phone lines.
Aside from iPhone, this also works in iPad and iPod Touch to let you call anyone no matter where they are in the world. This is what makes Facetime an ideal tool to help you see and hear your family even when you are on the road or during holidays.
This can also help grandparents stay connected with their grandkids, allows international calls if you don’t have long distance plan, lets you get a second opinion on a dress while out shopping, make a meeting, share a show, and a whole lot more.
FaceTime App Features
- This is officially available on the iTunes app store of Apple for all iOS devices including iPhone and iPad.
- This is the simplest app for video calling bound to a single tap interface for direct calls.
- You can be at two different locations at a time with the FaceTime app.
- FaceTime’s timer doesn’t count the time against regular minutes of your data calls.
- You are allowed to run the call even in the background if you are using other features or apps on your device.
- Facetime for iPhone app can orient to secondary and primary camera alike according to your choice.
- The developers of Facetime are making it totally freeware and suitable even for Windows and Android system.
- If you don’t want to make a video call, you can go to voice calls instead with Facetime App.
- The PiP image seen on screen during ongoing video calls lets the user adjust the position before the camera.
- You can mute audio easily for any interruption or whatever reason during video calls.
- You can turn off visibility if you don’t want to disturb others or you have an important call.
Free Download FaceTime for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
There is really no need for you to download Facetime app on iPhone or iPad as this comes pre-installed on all iOS devices that are running on iOS 5 or higher.
When your device is already running on iOS 5 or higher but the Facetime app is not yet present, it means that your device cannot use it. For example, your device probably doesn’t have a user-facing camera. The app is not offered on devices which cannot use it.
Follow these steps to download Facetime App:
- Launch iTunes apps store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Key in the term FaceTime in the search bar then look for it.
- There are several results that may show up. Make sure you choose the latest and most rate version of this app.
- Once you have finished installing Facetime for iPhone, you can open this directly from here or you can go to Home screen and menu then followed by the icon for the app.
Must Read: Here is the list of apps that offer free video & audio calling features.